Procedures in the Faculty of Life Sciences Interdisciplinary Equipment Unit during the Covid19 Period.
Shalom Rav, Please find the attached files regarding the Procedures in the Faculty of Life Sciences Interdisciplinary Equipment Unit during the Covid19 Period. Wishing you health from the unit team!
13 May 2020
Procedures in the Faculty of Life Sciences Interdisciplinary Equipment Unit during the Covid19 Period
All staff and unit users must observe the "purple badge" rules and guidelines.
- The entrance doors to the unit rooms (except room 09) will be open from 08:00 until 15:00, after which the entrance to the rooms will be by magnetic card only.
- The unit's door handles, work surfaces, mouse, keyboard and touch surfaces of the devices will be disinfected every morning and at noon by the unit's staff in their respective areas using ethanol-soaked cloths. Debris left by users such as plates, covers and mobile devices will be removed by the staff.
- The entrance to the unit's rooms is permitted only while wearing a mask and gloves. The staff will perform checks during the working day to ensure this instruction is observed by everyone.
- Staff members are required to wear a mask and gloves in the presence of users and are required to maintain distance according to the Ministry of Health's instructions.
- Training users on instrument procedures should be done remotely if possible, using remote control software such as ANYDESK. This software will be installed on all unit computers and training can also be done via the phones.
- In the event that remote training cannot be performed, a protective mask must be worn in addition to the rest of the protection mentioned and strict care must be taken to maintain distance.
- Guests who do not operate the equipment themselves, will not be allowed to stay in rooms smaller than 20 square meters.
- In the event of a device malfunction or any other issue, users are required to immediately report the issue to the staff via telephone or email. After contacting the staff, they will be informed of the arrival of the staff member and the user should leave the room until the issue has been resolved and permission to return to using the instrument is received.
- Eating and drinking are strictly prohibited inside the unit's rooms.
- Purchasing of supplies from the staff will be done by phone order. When supplies are ready the staff member will notify the customer, and the package will be placed outside the room near the open door so that the package can be seen.
Wishing you health from the unit team.