The Faculty of Life Sciences offers several different tracks leading to a B.Sc. degree. All tracks are taught in Hebrew and provide a thorough grounding in all fields of organismic and molecular biology. Students receive both theoretical and practical experience and are trained for research, industry, and teaching.
Undergraduate programs of study:
- Biology- Our main track of study, which provides the most in-depth and broad training in all fields of Life Sciences
- Honor's Research Program for Outstanding Studentts
- Biology with emphasis on Biotechnology
- Biology with emphasis on Ecology and Evolution
- Life Sciences and Medicine
- Special Double Major Programs:
- Biology and Chemistry
- Interdisciplinary Program in the Study of Consciousness (in conjunction with the Department of Philosophy)
- Biology and Physics
- Life Sciences and Computer Science with specialization in Bioinformatics
- In addition, students can do a double major with Biology and any other field of study at Tel Aviv University
Foreign high school graduates are generally required to participate in a preparatory year (Mechina) in order to reach the minimum level of Hebrew. It is highly recommended for candidates who have not studied mathematics and chemistry at a high level to attend summer preparatory courses.
Candidates from abroad who do not have an Israeli matriculation and have not studied in schools where the language of instruction is English must read "Basic" level at the beginning of the academic year in the English Placement Exam.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must hold a matriculation certificate issued by the Israeli Ministry of Education or an equivalent certificate abroad. The online application is available only in Hebrew at this time. Application forms are available in English for international applicants and may be printed from this link.