How to apply?
Here, you'll find information on eligibility, how to submit your application, and how to get help.
• In order to obtain a master's degree in the Faculty of Life Sciences, an average grade of at least 80 is required for the first degree (Schools may define additional conditions) and finding a supervisor.
• Choosing a supervisor and laboratory: contacting researchers in the faculty whose research subjects fascinate you and fixing personal meetings with them. In the Staff section of the Faculty's homepage you can find a list of all lab’s heads according to fields and schools.
• Enrolling on TAU Registration website and contact the school secretariat to which your future supervisor belongs. Fill out forms according to school guidelines, and present a score sheet and a certificate of eligibility of your undergraduate degree.
• After receiving a certificate of admission from the faculty or the school to which you registered and choosing your supervisor, you would need to choose a field of research and select your track (amongst the 11 tracks offered).
• Putting together a Schedule in consultation with the chair of the chosen track. (programs of all tracks include 30 hours in addition to practical research work.)
With any questions please contact Ilona Chasid, Coordinator, Smolarz Family Graduate School of Life Sciences: 972-3-6406802
For Scholarships and teaching positions contact:
- Tal Oded, The Shmunis School of Biomedicine and Cancer Research: 972-3-6409016
- Hagit Talmor, School of Zoology: 972-3-6409812
- Orit Mizrahi, School of Plant Sciences and Food Security: 972-3-6409376
- Orit Neta Elazar, School of Neurobiology, Biochemistry and Biophysics: 972-3-6409749
All graduate students (and doctoral students) are research students who receive subsistence scholarships and tuition funding. Outstanding students are awarded increased scholarships according to school decisions. More details on scholarships for subsistence can be obtained from schools’ secretaries.
Research students are offered a variety of teaching positions: frontal teaching in classrooms, tutorials and guidance of field excursion. Those interested in teaching jobs are requested to contact the relevant school secretariat.