Opening a Service Call
The IT Unit of the Faculty of Life Sciences is located in the Sherman Building, Room 117. Do you have a problem or malfunction? First of all, open a service call in the Helpdesk system or via our email email@example.com and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible, in order to help!
** Covid Updates: We ask, especially during these times, to avoid arriving at our offices without prior arrival coordination to prevent congestion in the office and to not interfere during the work of employees. Please come in only after coordination. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation. **
How can I open a service call?
A. The main Helpdesk system website
Login to the Helpdesk system at: https://helpdesk.tau.ac.il
After logging in with your university username and password, you will see in the top row in the center "Submit Ticket to Life Sciences Faculty"
See image below:
Here you can fill in the following fields:
- Category: In which area the problem/request is - arranged in 3 levels. There is no obligation to fill in this part, but it can help us understand what kind of problem you're facing.
- Priority: Required field - Indicate whether it is an Incident, request or consulate.
- Title: Required field - What is the subject of the referral.
- Description: Required field - referral content. We'll be happy if you give us as much detail as possible so we can understand more in depth what the problem is so we can help quickly.
- Full name: Permission field, but we'll be happy if you mention your name.
- Phone: Required field - so we can get back to you. Preferably a phone where you are available.
- Email: Required field - the email in which you would like us to get back to you.
- Room & Building: Permission field, but we will be happy to know where you are in case we need to reach you.
- Attachments: You can upload screenshots that you think can help us understand the problem (for example, a screen with the error message you receive).
When finished, click Submit.
B. Our email address
While in the Helpdesk system you can open a call only with a university user, you can also send an email from private addresses and your request will be accepted into the system.
Our e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
As listed in the previous section - write in the a title for the incident and in the content give us as much details as possible from what is listed in the previous section so that we can contact you and understand the problem as much as possible.
What about contact by phone?
Since we are not always in the office and not always available we highly recommend opening a service call before you call so we can contact you.
If you decide to call, the phone number is: 03-6407841
In addition, we ask that you do not send us an email to our personal emails unless it is a further correspondence regarding a service call to make sure that one of the staff will give you treatment (since in the personal email only one person sees the call).