The Bioinformatics Unit,
Tel Aviv Univesity
Workshop date and time:
Sunday, 13/5/2018 10:15-13:00
Number of Participants: up to 30 people.
Location: PC Classroom 09,
Tel Aviv University.
To register, please fill the registration form.
Jalview is a free program for multiple sequence alignment editing, visualisation and analysis. Use it to view and edit sequence alignments, analyse them with phylogenetic trees and principal components analysis (PCA) plots and explore molecular structures and annotation.
In the workshop we will learn:
- How to open sequences and calculate alignment inside Jalview
- How to edit the alignment
- Coloring the alignment
- Opening and associating phylogenetic trees and protein structures to the alignment
- Creating annotation files and using them in Jalview
- Creating hight quality images
- Saving sessions
You may bring your own sequence/s or alignment and work with them during the workshop.